Happy Monday Babes! Today I will be sharing with you all tips on how to get out of a blogging rut and get your motivation back. This can apply not only to bloggers, but anyone who has felt they have lost their motivation to work on their passions and dreams.
As some people know, I haven’t posted on my blog in quite some time. One reason being, that in May I was in the last weeks of the semester. Finals just got to me and finding time to even work on my blog was the last thing on my mind. I told myself that as soon as the semester ended that I would get back into blogging, but that was not the case. I was not inspired to shoot any outfits or come up with any new content. All I wanted to do was relax, spend time with my boyfriend, family, friends and enjoy my time.
On top of that, I had to transfer my hosting to a new account, my blog was down for a little and that also made me very unmotivated. I’ve also been in the middle of moving into a new room since my brother moved out, so decorating and planning my office space/room has taken up some of my time.
Yesterday night I finally had enough lazy days and decided to get out of this rut i’ve been in and continue working on what I love – blogging. So, here are some of my tips on how to get mine and your motivation back and gain inspiration:
1. Remember why you started: We all started for different reasons. In my case, I started blogging because I wanted to share my passions. I wanted to inspire women through style, makeup, fitness, and everyday lifestyle. I wanted girls and women to come to a place who have the same passions that I do, forget about the real world, and feel inspired! Remembering why you started blogging (or whatever it is you started) can help you get back into your grove. Start reflecting on why you started and realize how far you have come! Ask yourself that question. Why did I start?
2. Visit your favorite blogs and go on Pinterest: I love going to my favorite blogs and reading through blogs I have followed for years, even before I even started blogging. Reading your favorite blogger posts can trigger some inspiration on what to post about. Even watching your favorite YouTuber’s can help! I also love going on Pinterest to find ideas on literally anything. Interior design, recipes, styling, and more! Pinterest is like an online mood board full of inspiration by just a click of a button. Pin everything that inspires you!
3. Get out your planner + notepad and start writing down ideas: If you don’t have a planner, I suggest you buy one asap! It keeps me organized and in check to get sh*t done! Start by writing down your ideas and anything that comes to mind in list format in a notepad, then in your planner break it down into different days when you will get your ideas to come to life. Don’t do everything in one day, take it day by day. A little goes a long way and you won’t feel overwhelmed!
4. Set time out of your day to work on your passions and goals: My problem lately has been the fact that I have neglected spending time and working on my blog, coming up with ideas, creating blog posts, emailing brands, and more! Try setting some time to work on whatever it is you are passionate about. A project, business, or blog. Take at least 1 hour out of your day to work towards that. Either early morning or before bed. This is a tip I will be starting and I am 100% sure it will work in reaching my goals and the results I want!
5. Meet up with your blogging besties or meet with local bloggers: If there is one thing I love about blogging it’s how many amazing women and friends I have made through blogging. If I am in a blogging rut I know other bloggers can help to re inspire me to blog again. Meet up with someone in your same exact field to brainstorm ideas and collaborate with them on something fun and exciting. Sometimes what you needed was something different and new. You can learn from others and I think that’s the fun part about meeting with local bloggers (or people in your field), meeting over coffee and chatting about what you both are passionate about. This helps so much trust me!
6. Make a change and go by a schedule: After realizing what made me get into this rut, I told myself I needed to make a change. It’s okay to be selfish when chasing your dreams. Make it a priority and schedule your days on when you will work on your goals. Set small task, to-do lists, and get it done! Even if it means saying no to going out places with friends or leaving early. For me a change that has made me even more motivated is finally having my own office space where I can sit, focus, and create. Make changes in your life to help motivate you. Any small or big change 🙂
I hope these little tips have motivated you to continue working on your dreams just how they have helped me! How have you started back and gained your motivation again? I would love to know in the comments below! I am sure I am not the only one who has experience this 🙂
Thank you all for stopping by!
Xoxo, Jackie <3